Born along with the college in 1965, the Department of Physics stands as one of the best departments providing quality
education. It was upgraded to include UG programme, B.Sc Applied Physics in 1999.
To attain foresight through integrated education
To impart a need based quality education
through comprehensive curriculum by adopting apt technologies and progressive teaching and learning.
Department of Physics offers B.ScProgramme in Applied Physics with Mathematics and Computer sciences as complementary
The elective paper is ‘Opamps and Digital Integrated circuits’.
Approved intake of students: 32
-Non conventional energy sources.
Best practices/teaching learning methods :
• The students have brought laurels to the department by winning University ranks continuously for several years.
• Coaching for academically weaker students under SSP and Remedial coaching schemes.
• Academic progress cards sent to parents once in every semester.
• Bright students are selected for Walk with scholar programme (WWS) and encouragement given to opt for higher studies
• Students are given opportunities for developing organizational skills and leadership qualities by giving responsibilities
in conducting national seminars, science day celebration etc.
Physics students association
– led by an elected association secretary organizes subject related activities.
• Two well equipped and well maintained laboratories – for general physics and Electronics
• Equipment available for doing PG level experiments
• Internet facilities
• Smart Class room
Dr. Lovely George
M Sc Physics, B.Ed, UGC-NET, Ph.D